A Week of Hope
FedEx Cares Week: September 21 - 27
FedEx Cares Week is a coordinated volunteer effort that occurs during the FedEx Cares United Way Campiagn. To get involved, plan a service project during this week.
FedEx teams around the world are gearing up to deliver hope. Click on Volunteer/Give to search for opportunities in your community. Check back as the dates approach for more information.
From September 8 through November 7, FedEx team member have the chance to bring hope to their communities during the FedEx Cared United Way Campaign. Here's how you can get involved with the 501(c)(3) organization of your choice:
1. Donate to the organization through the pledge system.
2. Server the organization by volunteering.
3. Find out what supplies the organizatrion needs, then fill and deliver purple totes.
The Power for Change
In 2013, FedEx marked its ninth annual FedEx Cares Week - a focused celebration of team members' year-round commitment to giving back to communities through volunteerism, charitable support, and collaboration with local organizations and causes. Timed to coincide with the FedEx Cares United Way campaign, FedEx Cares Week showcased the culture of community service that continues to play an integral role in the company's support for the communities in which its team members live and work.
- Sept 8-Nov 7: United Way FedEx Cares Campaign
- September 8: Purple Tote Bag Contest Launch
- September 12: United Way Day of Caring (Memphis, TN)
- September 15: Gleaners Food Bank (Indianapolis, IN)
- September 16: Hispanic Scholarship Fund College 101 (New York)
- September 18: Project Homeless Connect (Memphis, TN)
- September 21-27: FedEx Cares Week
- September 24-27: TFA Congressional Black Caucus (Washington, DC)
- Septembr 24-28: Association for the Study of African-American Life and History (ASALH) National Convention (Memphis, TN)
- September 29: FedEx Cares Golf Tournament (Memphis, TN)
- October 1: International Walk to School Day signature event at Treadwell Elemntary (Memphis, TN)
- October 8:International Walk to School Day, events in 200 cities across the US and around the world/Signature Events in D.C.
- October 8: HIstpanic Scholarship Fun Hall of Fame Fundraising Gala (New York, New York)
- October 10: NYSE Bell Ringing Event for Safe Kids (New York, New York)
- October 13-15: EMBARQ Interntional Congress (Mexico City, Mexico)
- October 20: American Indian College Flame of Hope Gala (Minneapolis, MN)
- October 21-23: Walk 21, 15th International Conference on Walking and Livable Communities (Syndey, Australia)
- October 22: Hispanic Scholarship Fund College 101 (San Francisco, CA)
- October 25: Tri-State Defender Men of Excellence Awards (Memphis, TN)
- October 27: Facing History and OUrselves Benefit Dinner (Memphis, TN)
- October 31: Safe Kids Halloween Safety Events in 100+ US Cities
- October-November: 2014 Junior Achievement Competition Middle East (TBD)
- November 5-6: ADF Partners in Community Forestry Conference (Charlotte, NC)
- November 8: FedEx Cares United Way Campaign Closes (Giving site closes)
- November 12: APIASF Scholarship Benefit (New York, New York)
- November 17-21: Purple Tote Bag People's Choice voting begins
- November 28 - December 1: 2014 Junior Achievement Competition Americas (Ecuador)
- December 2: National Civil Rights Museum Freedom Awards (Memphis, TN)
- December 3-5: 2014 Junior Achievement Competition Africa (Gabon)
- February 25: Hispanic Scholarship Fund College 101 (Miami, FL)