EarthSmart Outreach (NFWF and ADF)
At FedEx, we believe that the success of our business and the future of our environment are deeply intertwined. EarthSmart® is our roadmap to help FedEx operate in increasingly sustainable ways. FedEx also recognizes that true sustainability extends to the communities in which its team members live and work. We call this EarthSmart Outreach.
Through a unique collaboration with the National Fish & Wildlife Foundation (NFWF), FedEx volunteers are working with NFWF and local nonprofits on conservation and restoration projects in 15 U.S. cities. FedEx is also teaming up with Arbor Day Foundation (ADF) to support the Community Tree Recovery Program that helps restore trees to cities in the aftermath of disasters.
To find EarthSmart projects available for volunteering, click on the Volunteer link. To see FedEx volunteers in action and learn more about our EarthSmart Outreach efforts, the following videos showcase local projects from last year’s EarthSmart Outreach efforts.
FedEx will continue its 12-year collaboration with FIRST Robotics, a nonprofit organization that “designs accessible, innovative programs that motivate young people to pursue education and career opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and math, while building self-confidence, knowledge, and life skills.” In strengthening this collaboration, FedEx invites team members to volunteer at local FIRST regional competition sites (see locations and dates on the Calendar page of Fedexcares.com), as well as the FIRST National Championship to be held in St. Louis, Missouri from April 24-26, 2014.
March of Dimes
Celebrate the March of Dimes 76th anniversary by participating as a National March for Babies team
Our March for Babies campaign will run through the end of April. This is a great opportunity for you to support our greater community. We encourage each of you to join a team, make a positive difference, and have some fun! If you’re interested in volunteering, please reach out to your team captain or contact Matt Carlton (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the March of Dimes Planning team to connect with your team captain. Questions? Please check out the campaign materials here or contact email@example.com.
The Power for Change
In 2013, FedEx marked its ninth annual FedEx Cares Week - a focused celebration of team members' year-round commitment to giving back to communities through volunteerism, charitable support, and collaboration with local organizations and causes. Timed to coincide with the FedEx Cares United Way campaign, FedEx Cares Week showcased the culture of community service that continues to play an integral role in the company's support for the communities in which its team members live and work.
Thank you for making the 2013 FedEx Cares Week the most successful in the company's history!
- 9,991 FedEx team members volunteered 46,867 hours in 398 cities in 64 countries.
- 593 nonprofits were served worldwide, with more than $1 million value in service hours donated by FedEx team members.
- FedEx team members delivered more than 27,000 FedEx Cares purple tote bags full of supplies needed by local nonprofits in their communities.
- Mar 27-29, 2014 - FIRST Robotics - Peachtree Regional - Atlanta, GA
- Mar 29, 2014 - Arbor Day Foundation NJ Community Tree Recovery - Paramus, NJ
- April 3-5, 2014 - FIRST Robotics - Midwest Regional - Chicago, IL
- April 3-5, 2014 - FIRST Robotics - Colorado Regional - Denver, CO
- April 3-5, 2014 - FIRST Robotics - South Florida Regional - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- April 4-6, 2014 - FIRST Robotics - New York City Regional - New York, NY
- April 8, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Memphis, TN
- April 10, 2014 - Arbor Day Foundation Kentucky Community Tree Recovery - London, KY
- April 12, 2014 - FedExFamilyHouse Home is Where the Heart is Gala 2014 - Memphis, TN
- April 17, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Pittsburgh, PA
- April 19, 2014 - Arbor Day Foundation Joplin Community Tree Recovery - Joplin, MO
- April 22, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- April 23, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Philadelphia, PA
- April 24-26, 2014 - FIRST Robotics - FIRST Championship - St. Louis, MO
- April 25, 2014 - Arbor Day Foundation Colorado Community Tree Recovery - Fort Collins, CO
- April 25, 2014 - FedEx Twitter Campaign to support Arbor Day Foundation
- April 26, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Phoenix, AZ
- April 26, 2014 - March of Dimes March for Babies - Memphis, TN
- April 28, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Indianapolis, IN
- May 1, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Seattle, WA
- May 3, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Dallas, TX (with REAL School Gardens)
- May 3, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Atlanta, GA
- May 10, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Miami, FL
- May 13, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Portland, OR
- May 15, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Los Angeles, CA
- May 22, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Dallas, TX (with Trinity Trust Foundation)
- May 23, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Chicago, IL
- May 30, 2014 - EarthSmart Outreach - Colorado Spring, CO