Areas of Focus
We focus our giving on five areas that align with our business strengths and address some of the world’s problems in a thoughtful way. In addition to these five pillars, we also support programs related to Diversity and Inclusion, which are important aspects of the FedEx culture. Read more below.
Delivering for Good
Lending our global network and unparalleled logistics expertise to organizations with mission-critical needs in times of disaster and to help communities heal, learn and thrive.
- Saving lives during times of disaster by delivering prescription medicine, medical supplies and other critical relief aid.
- Inspiring future leaders to innovate by shipping more than 800 student-built robots to two global competitions and engaging millennials in the FedEx Innovation Challenge.
Scaling existing solutions and investing in new ideas to improve mobility, reduce congestion, and decrease pollution in communities around the world.
- Working with 40 cities in four countries – Brazil, Mexico, India and China – to design sustainable transportation projects and safety programs that make commuting more efficient. Goal is to reach 60 cities by 2018.Benefitting more than 3.3 million people since 2010 by improving access to public transportation in their communities.
- Delivering expertise to 4,141 transportation officials and drivers since 2010 through trainings and technical consultations conducted by FedEx team members
Connecting teens and young adults in underserved populations to skills and career training that lead to greater access to jobs and opportunity, especially in the fields of technology and logistics.
- Supporting the 100,000 Opportunities Initiative and My Brother’s Keeper Alliance along with community organizations, foundations and other employers to connect youths aged 16 to 24 with interview skills and jobs.
- Developing job training and placement initiatives through relationships with National Urban League, LeadersUp, Base Camp Coding Academy and Usher’s New Look.
Leveraging FedEx’s safety expertise to reduce road crash fatalities by improving road conditions and educating drivers and pedestrians – especially child pedestrians – around the world.
- Continuing our proud 20-year collaboration with Safe Kids in 250 cities across 10 countries, helping save countless pedestrian children from road-related injuries.
- Collaborating with the Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety, a 200-member advocacy coalition spanning 90 countries, to see how the collaboration is working read Afef’s story about her road safety advocacy success in Tunisia.
FedEx is committed to giving entrepreneurs everywhere the tools they need to succeed.
- Initiated a new strategic alliance with Vital Voices’ GROW Fellowship, a one-year accelerator supporting 65 women-owned businesses in Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and Africa. The program provides business skills training, technical assistance, leadership development and access to networks — ultimately leading to business and economic growth.
- Supported the launch of the Babson College Women Innovating Now (WIN) Lab in Miami, an eight-month program designed for high-growth women entrepreneurs. Over 40 percent of the 20 companies in the inaugural program raised over $100,000 in funding and several teams are actively seeking growth capital.
Diversity and Inclusion
Promoting inclusion, celebrating culture and history, and empowering young people from diverse backgrounds.
- Providing scholarships for minority students across the country, helping them reach their full potential and become the future leaders driving our businesses, communities and the global marketplace
- Fostering relationships with diverse leaders and communities through organizations like the National Urban League, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and the National Council of La Raza that work to ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of all people