Areas of Focus
We focus our giving on five areas that align with our business strengths and address some of the world’s problems in a thoughtful way. In addition to these five pillars, we also support programs related to Diversity and Inclusion, which are important aspects of the FedEx culture. Read more below.
Delivering for Good
Lending our global network and unparalleled logistics expertise to organizations with mission-critical needs in times of disaster and to help communities heal, learn and thrive.
- Donating money and charitable shipping to the American Red Cross as they responded to 176 large disasters in the U.S. in 2015
- Over 10 years of working with Direct Relief including delivering over six million doses of medicine, hospital tents, wheelchairs and supplies for birthing centers after the Nepal earthquake
Scaling existing solutions and investing in new ideas to improve mobility, reduce congestion, and decrease pollution in communities around the world.
- Working with 40 cities in four countries – Brazil, Mexico, India and China – to design sustainable transportation projects and safety programs that make commuting more efficient. Goal is to reach 60 cities by 2018
- Delivering expertise to 4,141 transportation officials and drivers since 2010 through trainings and technical consultations conducted by FedEx team members
Connecting teens and young adults in underserved populations to skills and career training that lead to greater access to jobs and opportunity, especially in the fields of technology and logistics.
- Supporting the 100,000 Opportunities Initiative along with community organizations, foundations and other employers to connect youths aged 16 to 24 with interview skills and jobs
- Developing job training and placement initiatives through relationships with National Urban League and LeadersUp
Leveraging FedEx’s safety expertise to reduce road crash fatalities by improving road conditions and educating drivers and pedestrians – especially child pedestrians – around the world.
- Continuing our proud 16-year collaboration with Safe Kids in 250 cities across 10 countries, helping save countless pedestrian children from road-related injuries.
- Collaborating with the Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety, a 140-member advocacy coalition spanning 70 countries
Advancing women and minority-owned small businesses globally through training and increased access to resources, capital and new markets.
- Launching a new strategic alliance with Vital Voices’ GROW Fellowship, seeking to empower 60 women business owners in emerging economies through training and mentorship
- Working with The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council Student Entrepreneur Program (WBENC SEP) in fostering growth for future women-owned businesses through certified education and mentorship
Diversity and Inclusion
Promoting inclusion, celebrating culture and history, and empowering young people from diverse backgrounds.
- Providing scholarships for minority students across the country, helping them reach their full potential and become the future leaders driving our businesses, communities and the global marketplace
- Fostering relationships with diverse leaders and communities through organizations like the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and the National Council of La Raza that work to ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of all people